Interface Biologics (IBI) is an early commercial stage, privately held company that develops innovative materials for Medtech and Pharmaceutical applications based within the MaRs Discovery District in downtown Toronto. IBI surface modification additives are used in FDA-approved medical devices and are clinically proven to reduce infection and thrombus-related complications. IBI’s sustained local drug delivery technology is applicable across a range of drug classes and medical specialties with an initial focus on ophthalmology.
The Research Scientist (Analytical) supports the Product Development team’s efforts to identify surface modification applications and local drug delivery technologies by utilizing analytical methodologies. The position will have a key role in the development of suitable analytical test methods and other processes in support of both the medical device and drug delivery platforms. The position will also have a key CMC role for the local drug delivery platform in support of manufacturing, quality control, and stability studies in collaboration with CMC-contract companies. Ability to collaborate internally and with CMOs will be critical to success along with attention to detail.
- Develop and optimize analytical methods to support the functions of the Product Development team
- Provide analytical data review, interpretation and assessment based on scientifically sound considerations and help define specifications and testing requirements
- Develop test methods and standard operating procedures for new analytical techniques and equipment
- Perform routine analytical testing and instrument maintenance to support the Product Development Team utilizing internal and external capabilities
- Work with contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) as needed to support project development
- Review current processes and innovate improvements
- Prepare reports, SOPs, and presentations as required, and maintain proper documentation
- Participate in project planning activities and milestones to meet Company objectives
- Communicate project results to team members, managers, and management as required
- BSc or MSc. in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Science
- Min 3 years’ experience in Pharma or a related industry within a quality control or analytical research laboratory
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong practical experience in common analytical techniques including HPLC, DSC, TGA, GC and GPC.
- Experience in analytical method development and validation, working knowledge of stability study design and execution for pharmaceuticals.
- Experience in Analytical R&D supporting early phase clinical development and synthesis
- Knowledge of material testing, LC/MS analysis and interpretation specifically for impurities, and bioanalytical methods an asset
- Working knowledge of quality systems and regulatory guidance’s (ICH/FDA/ISO) pertaining to API’s, pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills, project management and problem-solving capabilities
- Problem solving ability, creative and lateral thinking capability
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to timelines
Please send resumes to careers@Interfacebiologics.com
Thank you for your interest in joining the IBI team and only those selected for interview will be contacted.